Village at South Shore
The South Shore of Lake Bemidji will be a rich and exciting district with activities for community members, regional neighbors and visitors from all over the world. It is where people can live, build a future, enjoy nature's beauty and experience Bemidji's community. The City of Bemidji will create a premier northern Minnesota destination that features a socially and economically vibrant district within a park-like setting.
The Village at South Shore is a once-in-a-generation opportunity. Rarely will you find on one site, the unique characteristics of the south shore:
- Over 5,000 front feet of public lakeshore on northern Minnesota's finest urban lake
- Within walking distance to downtown Bemidji, shopping, dining, community parks, and community events
- A walking/biking trail that connects the site to downtown, Lake Bemidji State Park and Bemidji State University
- A new public park with a swimming beach, boat docking, and other park amenities
- Shovel-ready sites, with all public infrastructure in place
- An anchor facility, the Sanford Center, that draws over 100,000 visitors a year
The community knows the Village at South Shore will drive our region's future, and is eager to work in public-private partnerships to realize our vision.